WordPress database error: [Expression #1 of ORDER BY clause is not in GROUP BY clause and contains nonaggregated column 'cantehk_wrdp1.wp_posts.post_date' which is not functionally dependent on columns in GROUP BY clause; this is incompatible with sql_mode=only_full_group_by] SELECT DISTINCT YEAR(post_date) AS `year`, MONTH(post_date) AS `month`, count(ID) as posts FROM wp_posts WHERE post_type = 'post' AND post_status = 'publish' GROUP BY YEAR(post_date), MONTH(post_date) ORDER BY post_date DESC
The views and experiences of an Australian learning Cantonese
今日晏晝嘅時候, 我同一大班同事去咗一間以食三文治為主嘅餐廳食午餐.
Gam1 jat6 (ng)aan3 zau3 ge3 si4 hau6, ngo5 tung4 jat1 daai6 baan1 tung4 si6 heoi3 zo2 jat1 gaan3 ji5 sik6 saam1 man4 zi6 wai4 zyu2 ge3 caan1 teng1 sik6 ng5 caan1.
This afternoon, I and a large group of colleagues went to a restaurant where mainly sandwiches are eaten to have lunch.
我叫咗一盒是日精選嘅三文治.
Ngo5 giu3 zo2 jat1 hap6 si6 jat6 zing1 syun2 ge3 saam1 man4 zi6.
I ordered one daily special sandwich (box).
三文治入便有火腿, 芝士, 菠蘿, 番茄同埋橄欖.
Saam1 man4 zi6 jap6 bin6 jau5 fo2 teoi2, zi1 si6*2, bo1 lo4, faan1 ke2 tung4 maai4 gaam3 laam5.
In the sandwich there was ham, cheese, pineapple, tomato and olives.
醬汁有好多選擇, 例如茄汁, 蛋黃醬, 燒烤醬等等.
Zoeng3 zap1 jau5 hou2 do1 syun2 zaak6, lai6 jyu4 ke4*2 zap1, daan6*2 wong4*2 zoeng3, siu1 haau2*1 zoeng3 dang2 dang2.
(As for) sauces, there were many choices, for example, ketchup, mayonnaise, barbecue sauce etc.
我揀咗中間個選擇.
Ngo5 gaan2 zo2 zung1 gaan1 go3 syun2 zaak6.
I chose the middle choice.
另外, 我又買咗一盒水果沙律, 同埋鮮搾蘋果汁.
Ling6 ngoi6, ngo5 jau6 maai5 zo2 jat1 hap6 soei2 gwo2 saa1 loet6*2, tung4 maai4 sin1 zaa3 ping4 gwo2 zap1.
In addition, I also bought a box of fruit salad, and freshly-squeezed apple juice.
全部加埋三十九個半.
Cyun4 bou6 gaa1 maai4 saam1 sap6 gau2 go3 bun3.
Altogether it added up to thirty-nine dollars fifty.
我畀錢嘅時候先發現我唔記得帶現金, 所以最後我用信用卡付款.
Ngo5 bei2 cin2 ge3 si4 hau6 sin1 faat3 jin4 ngo5 m4 gei3 dak1 daai3 jin6 gam1, so2 ji5 zeoi3 hau6 ngo5 jung6 seon3 jung6 kaat1 fu6 fun2.
When I went to pay, I then realised I had forgotten to bring cash, so in the end I paid by credit card.
Recorded by 馬太太 and transcribed by Wai Ming. Thanks.
今朝早我哋一家大細一齊去麥當勞食早餐.
Gam1 ziu1 zou2 ngo5 dei6 jat1 gaa1 daai6 sai3 jat1 cai4 heoi3 mak6 dong3 lou4 sik6 zou2 caan1.
This morning our whole family, young and old, went to McDonalds together to eat breakfast.
我哋買咗幾款食物, 例如早晨套餐.
Ngo5 dei6 maai5 zo2 gei2 fun2 sik6 mat6, lai6 jyu4 zou2 san4 tou3 caan1.
We bought several styles of food, for example, the Big Breakfast.
早晨套餐入便有薯餅, 炒蛋, 漢堡豬柳同埋麵包.
Zou2 san4 tou3 caan1 jap6 bin6 jau5 syu4 beng2, caau2 daan6*2, hon3 bou2 zyu1 lau5 tung4 maai4 min6 baau1.
In the Big Breakfast, there is a hash brown, scrambled eggs, sausage patty and bread.
餐飲配咗熱咖啡.
Caan1 jam2 pui3 zo2 jit6 gaa3 fe1.
The meal comes with a hot coffee.
另外又買咗熱香餅.
Ling6 ngoi6 jau6 maai5 zo2 jit6 hoeng1 beng2.
We also bought hotcakes.
佢配有兩盒迷你嘅植物牛油同埋一盒糖漿.
Keoi5 pui3 jau5 loeng5 hap6 mai4 nei5 ge3 zik6 mat6 ngau4 jau4 tung4 maai4 jat1 hap6 tong4 zoeng1.
It (the hotcakes) come with two mini boxes of margarine and one box of syrup.
另外又買咗煙肉蛋漢堡套餐.
Ling6 ngoi6 jau6 maai5 zo2 jin1 juk6 daan2 hon3 bou2 tou3 caan1.
We also bought an Egg McMuffin meal.
煙肉蛋漢堡入便有一塊煙肉, 一隻雞蛋同埋一片芝士.
Jin1 juk6 daan2 hon3 bou2 jap6 bin6 jau5 jat1 faai3 jin1 juk6, jat1 zek3 gai1 daan2 tung4 maai4 jat1 pin2 zi1 si2.
Inside the Egg McMuffin there is a piece of bacon, one egg and a slice of cheese.
餐飲配咗細橙汁.
Caan1 jam2 pui3 zo2 sai3 caang2 zap1.
It comes with a small orange juice.
早晨套餐十九個八, 熱香餅八蚊, 煙肉蛋漢堡套餐十七個八, 全部加埋總共四十五個六.
Zou2 san4 tou3 caan1 sap6 gau2 go3 baat3, jit6 hoeng1 beng2 baat3 man1, jin1 juk6 daan2 hon3 bou2 tou3 caan1 sap6 cat1 go3 baat3, cyun4 bou6 gaa1 maai4 zung2 gung6 sei3 sap6 ng5 go3 luk6.
The Big Breakfast is $19.80, the hotcakes are $8, the Egg McMuffin meal is $17.80, added up altogether it costs $45.60.
Recorded by my wife and transcribed by Wai Ming. Thanks again.
If you are a Cantonese learner I would appreciate to know how difficult you found this.
我每朝早晨光初露嘅時候就起身.
Ngo5 mui5 ziu1 zou2 san4 gwong1 co1 lou6 ge3 si4 hau6 zau6 hei2 san1.
Every morning I wake up when the sun rises.
早餐嘅時候, 我鍾意食兩塊多士同埋飲一杯奶茶.
Zou2 caan1 ge3 si4 hau6, ngo5 zung1 ji3 sik6 loeng5 faai3 do1 si6*2 tung4 maai4 jam2 jat1 bui1 naai5 caa4.
For breakfast, I like to eat two slices of toast and drink one glass of milk tea.
方包我會先用多士爐烘三十秒.
Fong1 baau1 ngo5 wui5 sin1 jung6 do1 si6*2 lou4 hong1 saam1 sap6 miu5.
(As for the) sandwich bread, I will first use the toaster to toast it for 30 seconds.
三十秒就最啱啱好, 外邊金金黃黃, 脆卜卜.
Saam1 sap6 miu5 zau6 zeoi3 ngaam1 ngaam1 hou2, ngoi6 bin6 gam1 gam1 wong4 wong4, ceoi3 bok1 bok1.
Thirty seconds is just right; the outside is golden and crunchy.
兩塊多士我都會搽牛油.
Loeng5 faai3 do1 si6*2 ngo5 dou1 wui5 caa4 ngau4 jau4.
(As for the) two slices of toast, I will spread butter (on both).
其中一塊我會搽花生醬, 另外一塊我會搽果占.
Kei4 zung1 jat1 faai3 ngo5 wui5 caa4 faa1 sang1 zoeng3, ling6 ngoi6 jat1 faai3 ngo5 wui5 caa4 gwo2 zim1.
On one of the slices I will spread peanut butter; on the other slice I will spread jam.
飲奶茶我都好講究, 我一定要用英國早餐茶包.
Jam2 naai5 caa4 ngo4 dou1 hou2 gong2 gau3, ngo5 jat1 ding6 jiu3 jung6 jing1 gwok3 zou2 caan1 caa4 baau1.
When I drink milk tea I am very particular, I definitely will always use English breakfast teabags.
而牛奶方面我會用低脂牛奶.
Ji4 ngau4 naai5 fong1 min6 ngo5 wui5 jung6 dai1 zi1 ngau4 naai5.
As for (the subject of) milk, I will use low fat milk.
朝頭早嘅時候因為比較趕時間, 所以我只能夠用十五分鐘嚟食早餐.
Ziu1 tau4 zou2 ge3 si4 hau6 jan1 wai6 bei2 gaau3 gon2 si4 gaan3, so2 ji5 ngo5 zi2 nang4 gau3 jung6 sap6 ng5 fan1 zung1 lei4 sik6 zou2 caan1.
Because I am in quite a rush in the morning, I can only spend 15 minutes to eat breakfast.
Recorded by my wife and transcribed by Wai Ming. Thanks again.
今日我去行街買影碟
gam1 jat6 ngo5 heoi3 hang4 gaai1 maai5 jing2 dip6*2
Today I am going shopping to buy VCDs
原來電影分好多種類
Jyun4 loi4 din6 jing2 fan1 hou2 do1 zung2 leoi6
As it turns out, movies can be divided into many types
比較普遍嘅有幾種
Bei2 gaau3 pou2 pin3 ge3 jau5 gei2 zung2
There are several types that are common
例如喜劇, 喜劇通常都會用一啲誇張嘅動作詼諧嘅對白而做出搞笑嘅效果
Lai6 jyu4 hei2 kek3, hei2 kek3 tung1 soeng4 dou1 wui2 jung6 jat1 di1 kwaa1 zoeng1 ge3 dung6 zok3 fui1 haai4 ge3 deoi3 baak6, ji4 zou6 ceot1 gaau2 siu3 ge3 haau6 gwo2
For example comedy, comedy will normally use some exaggerated actions and comical dialogues to therefore make a funny effect.
又例如動作片, 動作片就係一啲關於精彩嘅打鬥, 佢同功夫片差唔多
Jau6 lai6 jyu4 dung6 zok3 pin3*2 , dung6 zok3 pin3*2 zau6 hai6 jat1 di1 gwaan1 jyu1 zing1 coi2 ge3 daa2 dau3, keoi5 tung4 gung1 fu1 pin3*2 caa1 m4 do1.
Also for example action films, action films are somewhat about brilliant fighting, it and kung fu films are similar.
功夫片主要係講中國嘅武術. 基本上係唔會用特技效果
Gung1 fu1 pin3*2 zyu2 jiu3 hai6 gong2 zung1 gwok3 ge3 mou5 seot6. Gei1 bun2 soeng6 hai6 m4 wui5 jung6 dak6 gei6 haau6 gwo2
Kung fu films are mainly about Chinese martial arts. Basically they won’t use special effects.
其它嘅類別包括愛情片, 卡通片, 恐怖片等等
Kei4 taa1 ge3 leoi6 bit6 baau1 kut3 oi3 cing4 pin3*2, kaa1 tung1 pin3*2, hung2 bou3 pin3*2 dang2 dang2
Other kinds include love films, cartoons, horror films etc.
Recorded by my wife and transcribed by me. Thanks.
今日個題目係蔬果。
gam1 jat6 go3 tai4 muk6 hai6 so1 gwo2.
Today’s topic is fruit and vegetables.
每一日食五種唔同顏色嘅蔬果係非常之重要嘅。
mui5 jat1 jat6 sik6 ng5 zung2 m4 tung2 ngaan4 sik1 ge3 so1 gwo2 hai6 fei1 soeng4 zi1 zung6 jiu3 ge3.
It’s extremely important to eat 5 types of different-coloured fruits and vegetables everyday.
噉,究竟係邊五種顏色呢?
gam2, gau3 ging2 hai6 bin1 ng5 zung2 ngaan4 sik1 ne1?
So, which 5 colours are they?
第一,係藍色,紫色。
dai6 jat1, hai6 laam4 sik1, zi2 sik1.
First is blue and purple.
第二係綠色。
dai6 ji6 hai6 luk6 sik1.
Second is green.
第三係白色。
dai6 saam1 hai6 baak6 sik1.
Third is white.
第四係黃色同橙色。
dai6 sei3 hai6 wong4 sik1 tung4 caang2 sik1.
Fourth is yellow and orange.
第五係紅色。
dai6 ng5 hai6 hung4 sik1.
Fifth is red.
第一種係藍色同埋紫色。
dai6 jat1 zung2 hai6 laam4 sik1 tung4 maai4 zi2 sik1.
The first type is blue and purple.
噉,有乜嘢蔬果係藍色同埋紫色嘅呢?
gam2, jau5 mat1 je5 so1 gwo2 hai6 laam4 sik1 tung4 maai4 zi2 sik1 ge3 ne1?
So, what fruits and vegetables and blue and purple?
例如藍莓,黑加侖子, 提子,同埋矮瓜。
lai6 jyu4 laam4 mui4*2, hak1 gaa1 leon4 zi2, tai4 zi2, tung4 maai4 ai2 gwa1.
For example blueberries, blackcurrants, grapes and eggplants.
佢嘅好處係可以幫助小便系統健康啲,同埋記憶好啲。
keoi5 ge3 hou2 cyu3 hai6 ho2 ji5 bong1 zo6 siu2 bin6 hai6 tung2 gin6 hong1 di1, tung4 maai4 gei3 jik1 hou2 di1.
Its benefits are that it can help your urinary system be healthier and improve your memory.
第二種係綠色,例如牛油果,青蘋果,奇異果,西蘭花,青豆, 芹菜同埋蔥都係屬於綠色嘅蔬果。
dai6 ji6 zung2 hai6 luk6 sik1, lai6 jyu4 ngau4 jau4 gwo2, ceng1 ping4 gwo2, kei4 ji6 gwo2, sai1 laan4 faa1, ceng1 dau2, kan4 coi3 tung4 maai4 cung1 dou1 hai6 suk6 jyu1 luk6 sik1 ge3 so1 gwo2.
The second type is green, for example, avocados, green apples, kiwi fruit, broccoli, green peas, celery, and onions all belong to (the category of) green fruit and vegetables.
佢嘅好處係可以令到視力健康啲,骨質同埋牙齒強壯啲。
keoi5 ge3 hou2 cyu3 hai6 ho2 ji5 ling6 dou3 si6 lik6 gin6 hong1 di1, gwat1 zat1 tung4 maai4 ngaa4 ci2 koeng4 zong3 di1.
Its benefits are that it can make your eyesight healthier, and make your bones and teeth stronger.
第三種係白色, 例如香蕉,椰菜花,蒜頭,薑,洋蔥都係屬於白色嘅蔬果。
dai6 saam1 zung2 hai6 baak6 sik1, lai6 jyu4 hoeng1 ziu1, je4 coi3 faa1, syun3 tau4, goeng1, joeng4 cung1 dou1 hai6 suk6 jyu1 baak6 sik1 ge3 so1 gwo2.
The third type is white, for example bananas, cauliflowers, garlic, ginger and onions all belong to (the category of) white fruit and vegetables.
佢嘅好處係可以維持已經係健康嘅膽固醇水平。
keoi5 ge3 hou2 cyu3 hai6 ho2 ji5 wai4 ci4 ji5 ging1 hai6 gin6 hong1 ge3 daam2 gu3 seon4 seoi2 ping4.
Its benefits are that it can maintain an already healthy level of cholesterol.
第四種係黃色同埋橙色。
dai6 sei3 zung2 hai6 wong4 sik1 tung4 maai4 caang2 sik1.
The fourth type is yellow and orange.
例如檸檬,芒果,橙,蘿蔔,南瓜同埋番薯。
lai6 jyu4 ning4 mung4*1, mong4*1 gwo2, caang2, lo4 baak6, naam4 gwa1 tung4 maai4 faan1 syu2.
For example lemons, mangoes, oranges, radishes, pumpkins and sweet potatoes.
佢嘅好處係可以令到免疫系統健康啲。
keoi5 ge3 hou2 cyu3 hai6 ho2 ji5 ling6 dou3 min5 jik6 hai6 tung2 gin6 hong1 di1.
Its benefits are it can make your immune system healthier.
最後一種係紅色,例如紅蘋果,車厘子,士多啤梨,西瓜同埋番茄。
zeoi3 hau6 jat1 zung2 hai6 hung4 sik1, lai6 jyu4 hung4 ping4 gwo2, ce1 lei4 zi2, si6 do1 be1 lei4, sai1 gwa1 tung4 maai4 faan1 ke2.
The last type is red, for example red apples, cherries, strawberries, watermelons and tomatoes.
佢嘅好處係可以令到心臟健康啲,記憶功能好啲,同埋小便系統健康啲。
keoi5 ge3 hou2 cyu3 hai6 ho2 ji5 ling6 dou3 sam1 zong6 gin6 hong1 di1, gei3 jik1 gung1 nang4 hou2 di1, tung4 maai4 siu2 bin6 hai6 tung2 gin6 hong1 di1.
Its benefits are that it can make your heart healthier, your memory (function) better, and your urinary system healthier.
呢五種唔同顏色嘅蔬果都有共通嘅好處,就係可以預防老化,減低癌症嘅機會同埋心臟嘅疾病。
ni1 ng5 zung2 m4 tung4 ngaan4 sik1 ge3 so1 gwo2 dou1 jau5 gung6 tung1 ge3 hou2 cyu3, zau6 hai6 ho2 ji5 jyu6 fong4 lou5 faa3, gaam2 dai1 ngaam4 zing3 ge3 gei1 wui6 tung4 maai4 sam1 zong6 ge3 zat6 beng6.
These 5 types of different-coloured fruit and vegetables all have common benefits, which are that they can prevent ageing, and decrease the risk of cancer and heart disease.
Created and Recorded by my wife, and Transcribed by Wai Ming. Thanks everyone.
I thought it would be quite beneficial to start uploading mini-podcasts for additional audio stimulus for my blog visitors. Though, I doubt I’ll ever make a Cantonese Chinesepod.com in the near future, I do believe these dialogues would be useful for some people. My wife made the recordings and I sourced the content from Wai Ming’s blog. I’d like to know if people think its worth uploading dialogues on a regular basis, I really don’t know if there is demand for audio dialogues.
WordPress database error: [Expression #1 of ORDER BY clause is not in GROUP BY clause and contains nonaggregated column 'cantehk_wrdp1.wp_posts.post_date' which is not functionally dependent on columns in GROUP BY clause; this is incompatible with sql_mode=only_full_group_by] SELECT DISTINCT YEAR(post_date) AS `year`, MONTH(post_date) AS `month`, count(ID) as posts FROM wp_posts WHERE post_type = 'post' AND post_status = 'publish' GROUP BY YEAR(post_date), MONTH(post_date) ORDER BY post_date DESC